>>>>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------GRANPA-CHOOK-------<<||\\/\

22 October 2008

I was a young man when I left my home

Song: Some Say I'm Not, Mason Jennings

Quote: "I think we’re going to reflect on the game and realize that every one of us can do better. I think it’s a great chance if you’re honest with yourself. Which many of us still have outside influences telling us that it’ll be okay or that the first six games are who we are. But I think the last game is clearly who we are. I’d like to address brutal facts more than feeling good when it comes to the organization. The brutal facts are what I have asked the players to focus on, because once you acknowledge those, then you can start doing something about it. Identifying the truth is what I would encourage them to do." - Bronco Mendenhall

Image: Fighter


When I was at the Mason Jennings concert last week, someone described Mason as a "southern Jack Johnson." If this person was not completely intoxicated, I would have turned around and asked him how you can be "southern" when you are a Minnesota-based musician born in Hawaii and raised in Pittsburgh. Because that sounds like a fascinating story.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe the drunkard was canadian...